Welcome to Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken week! This is part two of a three part series…make Buffalo Chicken in the slow cooker once and use it to make three meals!
I’ve been completely obsessed with making all kinds of salads for lunch this summer. Trying out new recipes and new dressing recipes too. I keep texting pictures to a couple of my friends on an almost daily basis because I’m so excited to show them whatever new salad I’m having that day. Well, today I will give them a break and instead I will share the picture with all of my friends out here on web :). Buffalo Chicken Salad is one of my very favorites and is so quick to toss up since we already made the buffalo chicken here the other day!
I love romaine lettuce and so that is what I’ve used here. But I think it works really well because it’s nice and crunchy and stands up well to the chicken and other toppings. Feel free to mix in some spinach or kale if you like.
I think part of the reason I love salads so much is that you can add in so many different kinds of veggies and it’s so much more fun than just eating the veggies alone. It’s a veggie party! With salad dressing!
Speaking of dressing…. I’m all about making homemade dressings whenever I can. They are usually much easier than you think and the freshness and flavor can’t be beat. If I do buy bottled dressing I try to stick to the kinds in the refrigerated area of the produce section. They tend to have the least preservatives and artificial things…but read the labels carefully if that’s what you are looking for. The dressing I made this time was this Buttermilk Ranch Dressing from Simply Recipes. Delicious!!
The veggies that came to this party? Carrot, corn, celery and cucumber! Top it all of with some cilantro and blue cheese crumbles. And of course we can’t forget some ranch dressing. Buffalo Chicken Salad wouldn’t be complete without it!
- 1 - 2 heads romaine lettuce depending on size (I used hearts of romaine and it was about 2)
- 2 cups leftover buffalo chicken toss with extra sauce if you want to spice it up
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or more if you are like me and could eat it forever!
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Ranch dressing for tossing
- Wash and drain all veggies
- Remove ends from romaine and chop into thin slivers across the width
- Peel cucumber and quarter lengthwise. Use a knife to remove seeds then chop each quarter into bite sized slices
- Cut each stalk of celery in half lengthwise then dice
- Roll a few sprigs of cilantro tightly then chop roughly with knife
- Place lettuce in large bowl of individual bowls
- Top with chicken, veggies and blue cheese
- Add dressing and toss together if desired before serving
Do you love buffalo chicken? Then you should try Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili:
And don’t forget about Buffalo Chicken Pizza!
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!