You’ve been asking and I’m finally delivering! One of the most made recipes on the blog, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Pasta, has been converted to the Instant Pot! So cheesy, spicy and delicious.. and now, quick!!
What family doesn’t love creamy, dreamy and cheesy pasta? Add a little kick of buffalo sauce and you’d think I’d offered mine a trip to Disneyland! We love buffalo flavored anything around here and this pasta is at the top of the list. I’ve been making my slow cooker version for years now and figured it was time to test it out for the Instant Pot given 1. that I get a lot of questions about it and 2. that sometimes I don’t plan ahead. If you follow along here then you know it took me awhile to become a fan of the Instant Pot, but now that I have one of my favorite things to use it for is pasta. I’m too impatient watching the stove waiting for water to boil, so I love the convenience of throwing everything in the pressure cooker and being able to walk away.
How do you cook pasta in an Instant Pot?
It’s pretty easy, to be honest, if you remember a couple of things:
- make sure the pasta is covered to about 1/2 inch over with liquid
- Set the cook time for about 1/2 the time of cooking the pasta on the stove, adapting to any additional items in the pot
- Any meat or veggies will need to be cut up into small quick cooking pieces or will need to be precooked
You've been asking and I've finally got it for you! One of my most made recipes, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Pasta, has been converted to the Instant Pot! So cheesy, spicy and delicious.. and now, quick!!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces rotini pasta noodles
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch + 1 tablespoon water whisked together until smooth
Cut chicken into tiny bite sized pieces and add to Instant Pot along with sauce, ranch mix, seasonings and noodles
Top with broth, cover and set to high pressure for 8 minutes
Allow 5 minute natural pressure release when done and then to a quick release
Stir in cheese, cream cheese and cornstarch slurry until smooth and melted
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!