How about a delicious vegetarian chili that is loaded up with lots of healthy protein and just happens to be super delicious? Chili in the slow cooker is the best because it just sits and simmers and lets the flavors meld together all day. The whole house ends up smelling amazing and if you live in an apartment the neighbors might just start wandering over to see what’s for dinner! I love this veggie chili because there is no precooking of ground meat required. Just get all the fresh ingredients chopped up and added to the pot and you are on your way to a delicious dinner.
I love using a combo of pinto and black beans but you can certainly go with all of one or the other. The must have is lots of juicy diced tomatoes!
Chop up some fresh onions and garlic and add them to the crock along with some crisp sweet corn and quinoa. Couldn’t be easier to get a healthier meal rolling!
Top it all off with some sour cream, cheese and a squeeze of lime if desired and dinner is served!
Slow Cooker Quinoa ChiliPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed ((canned))
- 15 ounces pinto beans, drained and rinsed ((canned))
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes ((canned))
- 15 ounces tomato sauce ((canned))
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- sour cream, (cheese and lime juice for garnish, if desired)
- Place all ingredients (except garnishes) in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Garnish individual bowls with sour cream, cheese and lime as desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!