How about a delicious vegetarian chili that is loaded up with lots of healthy protein and just happens to be super delicious? Chili in the slow cooker is the best because it just sits and simmers and lets the flavors meld together all day. The whole house ends up smelling amazing and if you live in an apartment the neighbors might just start wandering over to see what’s for dinner! I love this veggie chili because there is no precooking of ground meat required. Just get all the fresh ingredients chopped up and added to the pot and you are on your way to a delicious dinner.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoon homemade taco seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- sour cream, cheese and lime juice for garnish, if desired
- Place all ingredients (except garnishes) in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Garnish individual bowls with sour cream, cheese and lime as desired
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!