With plenty of health benefits, ground bison is a delicious and nutritious replacement for ground beef. Perfect in this slow cooker chili that’s also easy to make!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
fire roasted tomatoes
ancho chili powder
How To Make Slow Cooker Bison Chili:
- Crumble and brown bison in a skillet (add a little olive oil if needed.. bison can be very lean)
- Add the cooked bison and all the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours
Slow Cooker Bison Chili
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 Anaheim pepper (diced (ribs and seeds removed))
- 1 poblano pepper (diced (ribs and seeds removed))
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Crumble and brown bison in skillet (add a little olive oil if needed, bison can be very lean)
- Add the cooked bison and all the remaining ingredients to the crock
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
Leave a few seeds in from the peppers for a spicy chili.
Prep ahead: brown bison ahead of time, cool and refrigerate.
Stores in freezer for up to 3 months.
Use plain or fire-roasted diced tomatoes
If you don’t care for the larger tomato chunks, go for crushed tomatoes instead
Garnishe with crushed chips, sour cream, cheese or avocado
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!