With plenty of health benefits, ground bison is a delicious and nutritious replacement for ground beef. Perfect in this slow cooker chili that’s also easy to make!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
fire roasted tomatoes
ancho chili powder
How To Make Slow Cooker Bison Chili:
- Crumble and brown bison in a skillet (add a little olive oil if needed.. bison can be very lean)
- Add the cooked bison and all the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours
Slow Cooker Bison Chili
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 Anaheim pepper (diced (ribs and seeds removed))
- 1 poblano pepper (diced (ribs and seeds removed))
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Crumble and brown bison in skillet (add a little olive oil if needed, bison can be very lean)
- Add the cooked bison and all the remaining ingredients to the crock
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Leave a few seeds in from the peppers for a spicy chili.
- Prep ahead: brown bison ahead of time, cool and refrigerate.
- Stores in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Use plain or fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- If you don’t care for the larger tomato chunks, go for crushed tomatoes instead
- Garnishe with crushed chips, sour cream, cheese or avocado
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!