When you love takeout but not the cost or questionable ingredients, then it’s time to make your own even more delicious version at home! Slow Cooker Honey Crispy Chicken is easier than you think and so amazing!
I hope you guys like Chinese food!! Specifically, Chinese food that is healthier than take out and can be made in your slow cooker. Because seriously? I can’t stop! Our go to meal on busy days has always been to call in an order at our favorite take-out place. Then $40 and a belly ache or two later we remember that might not have been such a good idea. So lately I’ve been making our own versions of our favorites, like this slow cooker honey crispy chicken!
After I made the Slow Cooker Crispy Orange Chicken that my family loved so much I got to thinking. Why not make my other favorite….Honey Crispy Chicken. The verdict?
Well, lets just say that while it was just me and the kids for dinner and I had made about a pound and a half of chicken there were not any leftovers. We may have gotten carried away. But yum.
Can you make crispy chicken in a slow cooker?
Yes, with a little pre-work.
Of course, you could absolutely make this on the stove. But here is why the slow cooker works for me.
- Browned up my chicken in the morning, added it to the slow cooker with the sauce and turned it on.
- Cleaned up the kitchen until it was sparkly 🙂
- Had lunch and spent the early afternoon at the park with the Princess Sofia obsessed toddler. Then, while she was napping? I read a book! For real!! For fun!! No worries about dinner! Ahhhhh……
Serve with rice or noodles or whatever you like! Enjoy your favorite take-out without the guilt!
When you love takeout but not the cost or questionable ingredients, then it's time to make your own even more delicious version at home! Slow Cooker Honey Crispy Chicken is easier than you think and so amazing!
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Place cut up chicken in bag with cornstarch and shake. Add a teaspoon or so of water as needed for the cornstarch to form a light batter on the chicken
- Heat a nonstick skillet and lightly coat with olive oil
- Place the chicken in the skilled and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned
- Turn over and cook for 2-3 minutes on opposite side
- Place chicken in crock
- Mix the remaining ingredients in bowl or measuring cup
- Poor over top of chicken
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 until chicken is fully cooked