What’s better than sloppy joe’s for dinner? Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe’s!! If you like the original version you will love the added flavors of these for dinner tonight!
When I told my family what we were having for dinner they looked at me with a decent amount of skepticism. You made what into what? I’m sure that’s what they were thinking. But, sometimes you’ve got to get creative and the good news is, they not only ate it for dinner but they ate leftovers too! When you get into a dinner time rut, sometimes you’ve got to mix it up. And my mixing two favorites we end up with these delicious and cheesy Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes!
Can you make sloppy joes ahead of time?
Yes! That’s the beauty! You can brown up the meat and get all the veggies added and they will just cook away all day. All that will be left is to stir in the cheese and serve it up on some hamburger buns.
This is even a great recipe to meal prep! Since the meat is fully cooked you can cool it, add everything else and put in a freezer bag or container. When ready to cook simply thaw and add to slow cooker on low for the day!
What can you serve with sloppy joes?
I love how flexible this recipe is. You can dress it up for dinner or serve at a game watching party. Some of my favorite side dish options are:
- potato chips
- green tossed salad
- sautéed veggies like green beans
- fresh veggies like baby carrots and cucumbers
How do you make Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes?
- I recommend ground beef although you could probably use turkey or chicken
- Add the regular veggies but chopped finely – green bell pepper, mushroom and onion
- Cut back on the tomato in the sauce so it will become more of a brown sauce
Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 oz sweet yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 4 oz mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz Italian cheese blend (shredded)
- Brown ground beef in skillet or multi-cooker until fully cooked and drain any grease
- Add to slow cooker along with remaining ingredients except for cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Stir in cheese until melted and serve on buns
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!