What’s better than sloppy joe’s for dinner? Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe’s!! If you like the original version you will love the added flavors of these for dinner tonight!
Sandwiches can get boring… until you decide to mix it up! Get out of the dinnertime rut. This recipe is a new take on a family favorite. Kitchen creativity for the win!
If you or someone in your family can’t tolerate gluten, you can still enjoy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes. The mixture tastes great served over baked potatoes.
Do you have a busy household? This recipe makes for easy Meal Prep! Just add all of the ingredients (except cheese) to a zipper bag and keep in fridge for 3 days or freezer up to 3 months.
Leftovers (if you end up having any) keep well in the fridge for 3 days.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- ground beef
- bell pepper
- sweet yellow onion
- beef broth
- Worcestershire sauce
- Italian cheese blend
I like to use lean ground beef in sloppy joes, but chicken or turkey taste good in this recipe. No matter which meat you use, be sure to drain the fat.
Both canned and fresh mushrooms work. Use whichever you prefer.
Italian cheese blends contain Mozzerella, Provolone, Romano, and Asiago cheeses. These are all super-melty cheeses and will add a smoothness to the meat mixture.
How To Make Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes…
- brown the ground beef in a skillet or multi-cooker until no longer pink and drain the grease
- add to slow cooker along with remaining ingredients except for cheese.
- cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours
- stir in cheese until melted and serve
Use a mini-chopper to make quick work of chopping the vegetables.
Make your sloppy joes ahead of time! Brown the meat and add the veggies to the slow cooker and they’ll cook the day away. Add the cheese just before serving.
Would you rather make this in your Instant Pot? Cook beef on sauté in Instant Pot. Then turn off and add remaining ingredients except cheese. Seal and set to high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow 10 minute natural pressure release. Stir in cheese until melted
If you want to Meal Prep, just add all of the ingredients except for cheese to a freezer container, label it, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw ahead of time and add to slow cooker when you’re ready to make the meal.
Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 oz sweet yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 4 oz mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz Italian cheese blend (shredded)
- Brown ground beef in skillet or multi-cooker until fully cooked and drain any grease
- Add to slow cooker along with remaining ingredients except for cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Stir in cheese until melted and serve on buns
- Nutrition information is for sloppy joes only and doesn't include buns.
- Use mini-chopper to quickly chop veggies
- Meal Prep: all ingredients except cheese to bag, 3 months in freezer
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!