These turkey meatballs are a favorite of mine for several reasons: They’re quick and easy to prepare, they can be served lots of different ways, they’re allergy-friendly, and they’re ideal for Meal Prep.
With only 4 ingredients and a few simple steps, you can get the kids involved in making them for some family bonding and life skill teachable moments.
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs are so versatile! Their savory flavor pairs well with pasta and veggie noodles. They can also be served on their own or made into a sandwich.
By using turkey in your meatballs instead of beef, you won’t save yourself a lot of calories but you will consume less cholesterol from turkey’s lower saturated fat content.
When you make these meatballs for your family you won’t need to make substitutions for food allergies. The recipe doesn’t contain eggs or breadcrumbs… two ingredients that are among the top food allergens.
Make up a big batch ahead of time and freeze them! The recipe easily doubles or triples which will make your meal prep a breeze. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw them before cooking.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- ground turkey
- olive oil
- herb and garlic seasoning
I prefer making these turkey meatballs with a mixture of white and dark meat. The dark meat keeps the meatballs moist and adds flavor. If someone in your family is needing a healthier option, using all white meat works, too, since there’s mayo in the recipe.
How To Make Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs:
- Mix all meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl until they are combined
- Form into rounds the size of golf balls and place in crock (makes approximately 8 balls)
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours
- Spiralize, julienne, or slice zucchini when ready to serve
There are so many ways these turkey meatballs could served. If you want to eat them with zucchini, using a Spiralizer to make noodles (“zoodles”) is a fast and fun way to do it. Just run the zucchini through the spiralizer and saute.
If you don’t have a spiralizer you could also julienne the squash or slice them very thin before you saute them.
Leftovers keep well and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
- For meatballs:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons herb and garlic seasoning
- Other ingredients:
- 2 zucchini squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz Ricotta cheese (optional)
- 6 oz pesto sauce (optional)
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- Mix all meatball ingredients in mixing bowl until combined
- Form into rounds the size of golf balls and place in crock (makes about 8)
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8
- Spiralize, julienne, or slice zucchini
- Saute for 3-8 minutes with olive oil and Italian seasoning until softened
- Serve squash with meatballs and a dollop of ricotta and pesto if desired
- Thaw frozen meatballs before cooking
- Freeze leftovers for up to 3 months
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!