You have to appreciate a recipe that is equally easy as it is delicious! Enjoy this Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti today! A bowl full of pasta and cheesy goodness sounds like the perfect end to a busy day!
I've had some requests for a dinner time version of the Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti I made here......and guess what?!? I am delivering!!! Several of you asked how you could convert the recipe and I couldn't answer because I made, tested, and wrote that recipe specifically for the Crock-Pot Lunch Crock. So I put my regular old slow cooker to the test and recruited my recipe tasters...umm, I mean my family... to try out the newest version! And it was just as creamy and tasty and best of all, just about as easy to make as the first!
I had a super busy Sunday and needed to make something that wouldn't need much of my time. I was invited to church with a great friend and only had an hour after I got home to eat lunch, change clothes, and leave to go and meet my friends for our training run. I threw the first set of ingredients in the crock for dinner and was out the door on time!
By the time I got home I was completely exhausted! Good thing dinner was already mostly done! You add the pasta and the cheeses at the end for about 30-60 minutes. I was able to add those while I cleaned up the kitchen and played with my daughter for a few minutes. I also washed up and chopped some lettuce for a salad to go with our pasta!
Other great side dishes that will be a perfect pair with this Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti:
This dish was met with the approval from everyone in the family, even the two year old. And let me tell you, she has been super picky lately. I was doing a little happy dance that she actually ate dinner with no coercing or convincing required!
Did I mention just how easy this Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti is?
- Only a short list of ingredients is needed to make this meal, many of which you probably have on hand.
- Since you add the pasta at the end, this recipe is great to put in the slow cooker while you are away all day! It does the heavy lifting for you!
- This recipe makes 6 hearty servings, perfect for lunch the next day or seconds for your healthy eaters;)
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts I used one really big one!
- 1 shallot chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz spaghetti noodles uncooked
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese I used a cheddar, colby, and monterey jack blend
- Add the chicken breast, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper and broth to the crock
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8
- Shred chicken breast and return to crock
- Break uncooked noodles in half and add to crock along with cream cheese and shredded cheese
- Give it a stir and replace cover and let it cook for another 30-60 minutes until noodles are done (add another ½ cup water or broth if necessary)
- Stir everything to combine and serve immediately