You are only 5 ingredients away from a meal that tastes way to gourmet to come from your slow cooker, but it does! Easy to make and sure to make the whole family happy!
I used two large boneless skinless chicken breasts but cut in half to make 4 servings. You could also use 4 smaller chicken breasts.
I used jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil but dried should work just as well since they will be cooking all day in the sauce
I recommend using a high-quality no sugar added tomato basil sauce for best results
Layer the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with seasoning
Add the chopped tomatoes and peppers
Carefully add a layer of sauce over the top so that everything stays assembled
To keep the sauce from burning while cooking all day, be sure to wipe any excess from the edges of the slow cooker
You could also substitute jarred roasted red pepper for fresh bell pepper
I served this over Banza pasta but use any pasta, rice, or veggie you love!
How to store leftovers:
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon herb and garlic seasoning
- 1/4 cup diced sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- Add chicken to slow cooker and sprinkle with seasoning
- Top with diced tomatoes and peppers
- Carefully spoon sauce over each piece of chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Optional: Top with parmesan or goat cheese if desired and leave cover on for 15 minutes for cheese to melt before serving
- To keep the sauce from burning while cooking all day, be sure to wipe any excess from the edges of the slow cooker
- You could also substitute jarred roasted red pepper for fresh bell pepper
- I served this over Banza pasta but use any pasta, rice, or veggie you love!
- I make this is my mini casserole slow cooker but any oval or rectangle slow cooker should work.
- Let leftovers cool completely then store in air tight containers in fridge up to 3 days
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!