Slow Cooker Spaghetti Lasagna is a super simple way to get your lasagna fix without spending hours of your day in the kitchen! Layers of pasta, sauce, and cheese topped off with yet more cheese, this recipe is absolutely delicious!
Lasagna is not a dish I make often. It takes a lot of time to boil the noodles and cool them and then assemble everything. Then on top of that you have to bake it and keep an eye on the oven. I’ve had “Spasagna” at restaurants before (yummy!) but I guess the idea never occurred to me to make it at home…until now! If you’ve never had “Spasagna” it’s really just lasagna made with spaghetti noodles. Well, I must have had a burst of energy or just a crazy idea, but I made it the old fashioned way by boiling the noodles and assembling it pretty much like you would a regular lasagna. About half way through the thought occurred to me that I really should have been making this in the slow cooker! Alas… Slow Cooker Spaghetti Lasagna was born!
The Slow Cooker is your best friend when it comes to this Slow Cooker Spaghetti Lasagna!
(I used my mini casserole slow cooker but any slow cooker will work!!)
- Throw the ingredients in the crock and let your slow cooker do the hard work for you. No need to watch over the oven for this one!
- Set your slow cooker to low for 5-6 hours or high for 3 hours before you start your day and a delicious home cooked meal will be ready for your hungry crew at day’s end.
- Cooking this all in one pot (or crock in this instance) makes clean up a breeze!
As if I haven’t sang enough praise for this recipe it will also feed a crowd! Or at the least a few hungry teenagers. Layers of cheese and pasta and sauce topped by yet again more cheese. What could be better?!? I kept this vegetarian because I have this weird thing about not liking any meat in my lasagna. I have no idea why. I don’t like lettuce in my tacos either but I guess that’s a whole other story;) Since I’m the cook I guess I get to have it my way! And I didn’t hear anyone complain. In fact not a word was ever mentioned about the lack of meat. But if you want meat…add it! It’s all good!
This Slow Cooker Spaghetti Lasagna is perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
- This was so fast and easy to put together! While I didn’t time it, it couldn’t have taken me more than 10 minutes to put together. Let that be our secret, I am hoping my family thinks I worked all day making them this delicious meal!
- Slow cooker pasta can be tricky because it can get watery (mushy). The trick here is to let it sit for a good 30 minutes or longer if you can before cutting into it! This will allow the pasta to set and make it easier to cut those perfect lasagna squares!
- This recipe is very versatile. While I chose to keep it meatless, you can easily add any kind of protein you would like and really tailor to your preferences!
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Lasagna
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz Alfredo sauce
- 4 oz pesto sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Spray crock with nonstick spray
- Beat together eggs and water and set aside
- Spread about 1/3 of the jar of spaghetti sauce in bottom of crock
- Layer with one third of the uncooked spaghetti noodles, broken as needed to fit all across the bottom in a layer
- Pour 1/3 of the egg mixture evenly over the noodles
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Carefully spread 1/2 of the container of ricotta over this and then top with Alfredo sauce
- Repeat the noodle, egg, Parmesan, ricotta layers then top with pesto
- Repeat with just the noodle, egg, Parmesan and then top with remaining 2/3 spaghetti sauce
- Top it all off with the shredded Italian cheese
- Cover and cook on high for around 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours
- Let sit for 30 minutes or more and then slice and serve