Looking for some good comfort food to keep you going? This one will cover you for brunch or for dinner!! Lots of tender chicken and meaty mushrooms in a delicious creamy homemade gravy/sauce! To top it all off let’s keep it easy with a can of biscuits! A quick homemade meal for a family dinner or company for brunch.
You could easily use your own homemade biscuit recipe or even a quick and simple drop biscuit recipe to keep this totally from scratch.
I cooked this up in my Crock-Pot Casserole Crock (note <–affiliate link–>) which was perfect but you could also easily make it in another slow cooker.
Love it when my favorite creamy flavors come together for the perfect home-cooked meal!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 8 oz frozen or fresh sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (for later)
- 1 can can (8-10 refrigerated biscuits, for later)
- Cut chicken into bite sized chunks
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray
- Add chicken and mushrooms to slow cooker and toss with flour and seasonings to coat
- Slowly stir in broth
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Stir in heavy cream
- Remove biscuits from can and place on top of chicken mixture (you can stretch them out a little if necessary to cover top completely)
- Cover and continue cooking on high until biscuits are done, about another hour
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!