Looking for some good comfort food to keep you going? This one will cover you for brunch or for dinner!! Lots of tender chicken and meaty mushrooms in a delicious creamy homemade gravy/sauce! To top it all off let’s keep it easy with a can of biscuits! A quick homemade meal for a family dinner or company for brunch.
You could easily use your own homemade biscuit recipe or even a quick and simple drop biscuit recipe to keep this totally from scratch.
I cooked this up in my Crock-Pot Casserole Crock (note <–affiliate link–>) which was perfect but you could also easily make it in another slow cooker.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 8 oz frozen or fresh sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream for later
- 1 can can 8-10 refrigerated biscuits, for later
- Cut chicken into bite sized chunks
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray
- Add chicken and mushrooms to slow cooker and toss with flour and seasonings to coat
- Slowly stir in broth
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Stir in heavy cream
- Remove biscuits from can and place on top of chicken mixture (you can stretch them out a little if necessary to cover top completely)
- Cover and continue cooking on high until biscuits are done, about another hour
I cooked this on high in my casserole crock for 3 1/2 hours plus another hour with the biscuit topping