Sure you could eat some leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Again. But instead I think you should make these Crock Pot Sweet and Tangy Chicken Drumsticks. They are so very easy to make, require little cleanup and will give your mouth some new and unusual flavor combinations to enjoy.
These would be great served up with your leftover mashed potatoes or for something different you could steam up a little white rice. Spend a couple extra minutes to thicken up the sauce (right in the crock pot – no boiling on the stove!!) before you serve them and you will have a delicious drizzle to add over your side dish.
The thing I love about making chicken drumsticks is that they are so inexpensive but it’s so easy to “fancy” them up just a little. We dug into these as a snack at our house but they are filling enough for dinner too. You could also bring them along to a pot luck since they make a perfect finger food. That was my teenager’s favorite part…picking them up and eating them with his hands getting all messy! Go ahead, give it a try! It’s fun to get food all over your face every now and then!
- 1 1/2 pounds about 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce your favorite - I used KC Masterpiece
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry preserves
- 1 or 2 pinches red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you like them
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch for later
- Place drumsticks in crockpot
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- In small bowl mix together BBQ sauce and blackberry preserves
- Pour over chicken
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6
- When chicken is done spoon out 2 tablespoons of liquid from the crock into a small bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and mix until smooth. Add back into crock and give it a stir. Let it sit for about 30 minutes and your sauce will thicken and really stick well to the chicken.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!