If you need a quick and easy dinner that will please the family but still saves you from take-out, try this Instant Pot Sesame Chicken. Easy prep, quick to cook and sure to be enjoyed!
Current obsession = making versions of our favorite take-out food at home! Whether I use my slow cooker or my pressure cooker, I find that making dishes like this at home is simple and saves me money and lets me control the ingredient list. Cooking at home makes me feel better all the way around, and with meals like this Instant Pot Sesame Chicken, it’s so easy that you can even cook at home on busy evenings!
My family goes nuts for any dishes like this that can be served over rice. Chicken is obviously always a good answer, but if your family likes beef, this Mongolian Beef in the slow cooker is also delicious!
What is sesame chicken made out of?
- While it’s usually breaded and deep fried, we are going to skip that part to make it healthier and easier. I don’t think you miss out on a single thing without all the breading and oil!
- The sauce is a little sweet (honey) and kind of brown or red (ketchup or chili sauce)
- The sesame flavor comes from the sesame oil and the sesame seeds
Can I make this sesame chicken in my slow cooker?
Yes. I would add about 1/4 cup more broth to account for the evaporation and you may want to transfer the sauce to simmer on the stove with the cornstarch before serving. Depending on your slow cooker, it should take around 3 hours on high or 6 on low.
Is an Instant Pot or pressure cooker a good addition to your kitchen? I think so!! It’s great for dinners like this when you don’t have time to plan ahead and don’t want to waste time, money and calories on eating out!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce ((or ketchup for less spicy))
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dice chicken and add to Instant Pot
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients except cornstarch and pour over chicken
- Cover, seal and set to high pressure for 10 minutes
- Allow 5 minute natural pressure release then perform quick release
- Set pot to simmer and whisk together cornstarch with and equal amount of water then stir into pot
- Let simmer 1-2 minutes until thickened, turn pot to warm and serve chicken over rice or as desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!