Obsessed!! That’s the only word to describe the way I feel about buffalo wing sauce right now. I know everyone else figured this out long ago and I’m late to join the party. I mean I’ve never thought I was a fan of spicier foods. But wow! I never knew what i was missing. Now I’m working hard to play catch up. Buffalo chicken salads, buffalo chicken soups, buffalo chicken wraps, and now Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks!
My son and I chowed down on these! I think we had some side dishes too? Hard to remember since these were the star of the show. We saved some for good old dad (I hope?)! Yeah, I’m sure he got one or two. I would say he was late for dinner and it was all his fault but I’m pretty sure it was only about 4pm and we may or may not have gotten carried away with what was supposed to be a quick little taste test.
In my opinion the Blue Cheese Drizzle is a must for these drumsticks. But for those of you (who are weird…kidding!) 😉 who don’t like blue cheese I give you permission to drizzle or dip in ranch instead :). But seriously, the blue cheese drizzle is amazing. At least give it a try!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks with Blue Cheese Drizzle
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker
- In a small bowl mix together the buffalo sauce, apricot preserves, BBQ sauce and honey
- Pour sauce over chicken
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- While that is cooking combine the blue cheese, sour cream, 2 tablespoons milk, lemon juice in a container
- Mix well and smash with fork until combined - add milk as necessary until it is to your desired consistency
- Salt and pepper to taste and store in fridge until ready to serve
- Optional: Brush drumsticks with additional buffalo sauce and place on a foil lined baking sheet in oven and broil for 3-5 minutes
This recipe was first published on January 15, 2014 and was updated during 2017.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!