When we have company stay over it seems like everyone is waking up and making their way to the kitchen at different times throughout the morning (or afternoon as is the case with my teenager!). That’s why I love my Keurig Brewer for making a fresh cup of coffee for everyone and also why I love my slow cooker for making and keeping breakfast warm for hours! Leaves me free to sit and chat, work on other meals, go for a run or just relax! I’ve made this breakfast casserole too many times to count. It’s simple, easy and always a hit.
I actually first made this for my blog last year but I made a couple of minor updates and wanted to post it again. It’s my favorite for holiday mornings and it’s great because you can really swap out the sausage and cheese for your favorite varieties.
I’ve made this in the a regular oval crock, in a casserole dish in the oven, as individual muffins to freeze for busy mornings and this version was made in my new Crock-Pot Casserole Crock Slow Cooker! It turned out fabulous and was so easy. Done in about 2 1/2 hours the timing was perfect since I am always up early. It actually ended up sitting on warm for an hour or two until everyone else was up and ready to eat.
- 1 (12oz) roll refrigerated crescent rolls
- ½ pound ground sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- Brown sausage in skillet over medium high heat until fully cooked, drain any grease
- Spray crock with non-stick spray
- Unroll crescent rolls into a sheet and lay in bottom of crock pressing seams together
- Top with cooked sausage
- Whisk together egg, milk, salt and pepper
- Pour over rolls
- Top with cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for products I’ve purchased and loved*