I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! We stayed home this year since Christmas was right in the middle of the week and had a very nice and pretty quiet day. I got up before the kids so I could get this Slow Cooker Denver Omelette Casserole started for brunch. Then the we sat back and watched the kids open their gifts while we had some coffee.
Once the chaos of opening gifts was over and we had all the mess picked up we turned to cleaning up in the kitchen and getting ready to eat. I had hubby take a bite of the casserole to see if it was done. He is the first official taste tester for Slow Cooker Gourmet and I am happy to report that he more than approves! In fact his mom was running late and he was a little bummed that we would have to wait a few more minutes before we could eat!
I have to admit that although I only made this because it’s something I thought my husband would like (one of his favorite breakfasts if we go out is a Denver omelette) I actually really enjoyed it too! It only took me a few minutes to put this in the crockpot and it was done cooking in 3 hours. I’m planning to make this again when we have a breakfast for dinner kind of night!
- 5-6 oz frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup diced ham I just used lunch meat!
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray crock with nonstick spray
- Spread hashbrowns evenly across bottom of crock
- Drizzle with melted butter
- Sprinkle peppers, onions, and ham evenly over the top of the hashbrowns
- Beat together eggs and milk with salt and pepper and pour the mixture over the top
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of all of it
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours