Thanks so much to Crystal Farms for sponsoring this post!! Make sure you check out all the details for a chance to win a coffee press and new coffee mugs perfect for your next brunch!!
Having family over for brunch on Easter morning or just looking for something yummy to come home to after church or egg hunts? I’ve got something I really think you are going to like! People often tell me that one of their biggest challenges is coming up with what to cook. As in, something different from what they make on a regular basis, something really good, and something that everyone will love. I don’t always seem to struggle with that same thing when it comes to dinner, but I realized I totally do when it comes to breakfast/brunch and lunch. I tend to make the few same things from the same tired list over and over again. I decided it was time to put my mind to work coming up with a new brunch recipe for my family to enjoy over the holiday and we’ve got a winner!
Now, don’t get me wrong, because I ADORE casseroles! But I just really wanted something that I felt would up my game just a bit, especially when it comes to serving guests. And what guest wouldn’t want their own delicious pepper all packaged up with cheese, eggs and sausage inside just for them when they come to visit?! These are literally so easy you won’t even believe it! You are seriously just 5 ingredients away from a super tasty breakfast treat.
A simple mixture of eggs, cooked sausage and fire-roasted green chiles comes together in no time to create a filling for the peppers.
And, obviously, plenty of cheese! It’s just not brunch without tons of melty cheese! I’ve been working with Crystal Farms this year to help create some new recipes and I love using their cheeses! You know I’m all about products that are natural, high quality and with few preservatives especially when they consistently taste so good!
Make this simple and deliciously cheesy brunch to impress your guests this spring!! You won’t be sorry!
- 1/2 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 4 bell peppers (any color, I like to use one of each)
- 6 large eggs
- 4 oz Crystal Farms Marble Jack Cheese
- 4 oz fire-roasted chopped green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Brown sausage in skillet over medium high heat until fully cooked, drain any excess grease
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into the bottom of a slow cooker
- Wash peppers, cut off tops and clean out ribs and seeds and place with open side up in slow cooker
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until smooth
- Shred cheese using box grater or food processor
- Stir sausage, shredded cheese and green chilies into eggs and add salt and pepper
- Spoon egg and cheese mixture into each pepper, filling to top (amount of filing you use will vary slightly depending on size of peppers)
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 or until egg is fully set
- Top with chopped green onion or cilantro if desired for garnish before serving
Crystal Farms and I have teamed up for another giveaway! One lucky reader will win a Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker and 2 Le Creuset Stoneware Mugs. To enter please follow the prompts below.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!