Today's recipe is quick and simple, and I will try to keep my blog post quick and simple too! This is an easy recipe that you can put together in minutes and yet end up with a dinner that is tasty, fresh and delicious. Using your slow cooker to make the chicken isn't absolutely necessary when making meals like this, but it sure does help if you are busy, tired and always running late at the end of the day. Take a few minutes to throw it in to cook in the morning and you won't have any worries after a long day at work (or at least any worries about dinner).
I feel like the fresh herbs and lemon juice really make this a spring meal. As the weather starts to warm up, do you start craving more fresh foods and less comfort food too?
I love the topping here because it gives that fresh crunch that makes meals totally satisfying. Plus it has kalamata olives, which are my absolute favorite.
Of course, I cheated a little and use store bought pita pockets to save time. I'm sure they are fairly easy to make, but let's be real! Gotta get a little help wherever we can, right?
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita Wraps
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 english cucumber, quartered and chopped
- 1 cup chopped kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 pita pockets
- Add chicken breast to slow cooker and top with lemon juice, chopped rosemary, olive oil, garlic and sea salt
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Shred cooked chicken
- Toss together chopped cucumber, olives, onion and cheese with vinegar
- Add chicken and cucumber mixture to pita pockets and serve
Want more fresh ideas that utilize the slow cooker to make life just a little easier?