I don’t know about you, but for me it’s that time of the summer where I’m just craving the freshest food and all those summer veggies. But give up on slow cooking to get it? No thank you. I love the convenience of the slow cooker year ’round. So go ahead and pick up all those yummy things at the farmers market. We can use our slow cookers to create a juicy chicken filled pasta sauce that’s a perfect match for that summer harvest of sweet corn and juicy tomatoes.
I simply added some boneless skinless chicken to my slow cooker with some broth and seasonings and let it cook all day to tender juicy perfection. I then added some herbed goat cheese and let it melt and thickened it with just a bit of cornstarch. This goat cheese sauce is the perfect light sauce for all your summer pastas!
Cut some of that crisp sweet corn right off the cob and sauté up with a little olive oil.
Cook up a simple batch of tender linguine pasta.
Slice up some of those fresh tomatoes and add some of that lovely basil and toss it all together for the perfect light but satisfying summer meal!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoning blend (any favorite flavor for chicken! I used Penzey's Mural of Flavor)
- 4 oz herbed goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 2 tablespoons water, whisked together
- 12 oz pasta noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I used garlic infused)
- 3 ears corn on cob, kernels removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- several basil leaves
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Add chicken, broth and seasoning blend to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until chicken is cooked through
- Remove chicken and set aside and stir in goat cheese until melted
- Stir in cornstarch slurry until smooth
- Shred chicken and return to slow cooker
- Cover and let heat on high for about another 15 minutes until sauce is thickened, add salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta noodles according to package directions
- Heat small skillet with olive oil
- Add corn and sauté for 3-5 minutes until tender crisp and lightly browned
- Toss pasta with sauce, corn, fresh tomatoes, basil and crumbled goat cheese