Slow Cooker Easy Breakfast Casserole is the perfect breakfast recipe for the holidays, company or entertaining! Just a few ingredients for an easy delicious brunch!
When we have company stay over it seems like everyone is waking up and making their way to the kitchen at different times throughout the morning (or afternoon as is the case with my teenager!). That's why I love my Keurig Brewer for making a fresh cup of coffee for everyone and also why I love my slow cooker for making and keeping breakfast warm for hours! Leaves me free to sit and chat, work on other meals, go for a run or just relax! I've made this Slow Cooker Easy Breakfast Casserole too many times to count. It's simple, easy and always a hit.
It's a little different than many of my recipes since it does use a refrigerated dough, but I always think it's okay to use a few great shortcuts from time to time and, really, does anybody make more delicious crescent roll dough that Pillsbury?
With just a few ingredients and easy prep, you can have a warm, cheesy, delicious breakfast waiting for your guest or for your family on a holiday or any day! Great things to serve alongside this to make a complete brunch would be:
- coffee (obviously!)
- fruit salad
- a light salad
- bacon, because who could say no?!
Slow Cooker Easy Breakfast Casserole
- 12 refrigerated crescent roll sheets
- ½ pound ground sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- Brown sausage in skillet over medium high heat until fully cooked, drain any grease
- Spray crock with non-stick spray
- Unroll crescent rolls into a sheet and lay in bottom of crock pressing seams together
- Top with cooked sausage
- Whisk together egg, milk, salt and pepper
- Pour over rolls
- Top with cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6
Looking for more breakfast ideas?