Posting a new recipe the day before Thanksgiving may seem a little odd. But I just want you guys to have time today while you’re out and about doing some last minute shopping to get the ingredients if you don’t already have them on hand. Why? Well, this is for all of you Black Friday shoppers. And for all of you who have guests at your house. A quick and easy breakfast that everyone will love!! Throw it in the slow cooker and head out for some awesome deals!! Or sip on coffee while the house is still quiet and everyone is still snoring away due to their turkey overload. A hot breakfast will be waiting for all as soon as you are ready!
Okay, I admit this is nothing particularly fancy or ground breaking. But having a basic go-to recipes in these situations can be such a great thing! A simple, hearty and filling meal that most everyone will love!!
I actually also really like making this up ahead of time and then we can heat it up as needed! It makes the perfect hot breakfast for a cold fall/winter day. Nice to have on hand for those days where you want the kids to have full bellies but you don’t have much time for cooking up that wholesome meal.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all! And best of luck in finding the Black Friday bargains you are after!! Since crowds aren’t my thing, you can catch me in my jammies sipping my coffee on Cyber Monday 😉
- 32 oz bag frozen Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Spray slow cooker well with nonstick cooking spray
- Add about 2/3 of the bag of tater tots in bottom of slow cooker crock
- Whisk together eggs with cream, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Pour over tater tots in slow cooker
- In a skillet over medium high heat, brown sausage while breaking apart with spatula until cooked through
- Add cooked sausage on top of eggs and tater tots
- Top it all off with remaining tater tots and 1 cup of cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6
I cooked this on high for 2.5 hours in my 5 quart oval slow cooker.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!