Slow Cooker Taco Soup is a family favorite dinner that has just a few ingredients and can be made in minutes. My secret ingredients makes it the best taco soup out there for flavor and richness!
I know I’ve already shared a soup recipe with you this week but I was too excited about this one to hold on to it any longer. I do love my soups this time of year. For one thing they are the perfect warm you to your soul food on chilly fall or endlessly cold winter days. For another they are a filling and delicious way to eat a healthy dinner and then hopefully still have a healthy lunch left for the next day. This slow cooker taco soup is no exception. It is super easy to make, full of healthy ingredients and very filling.
What makes this Slow Cooker Taco Soup different:
I know there are a million different taco soups out there and this is no reinvention of the wheel but there are a couple little tweaks that I think make this one stand out a bit in my list of favorites.
- Instead of simply adding regular beans I used a can of refried beans which creates a nice thick base for the soup and makes it so hearty and filling.
- It also uses my homemade seasoning blends instead of packaged which to me just makes a world of difference. Such a fresh taste!
Video: How to make Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Tips to make this even easier:
- Cook up your hamburger ahead of time and that will make your morning prep a cinch! Or, if you have a multi-cooker, you can simply make everything in one pot.
I love the versatility of taco soup, and here are just a few of my favorite ways to serve it up:
- Topped with shredded cheese and sour cream
- With a squeeze of lime juice for freshness
- With plenty of crushed tortilla chips for a snack
- Over a baked potato
In fact, I think you’ll agree that a double batch is in order, just so you can have plenty of leftovers.
Get the recipe for the homemade seasonings by clicking here!
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- In a skillet over medium high heat brown ground beef until fully cooked and drain any excess grease
- Add to slow cooker along with remaining ingredients
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Stir until well combined
- Serve with crushed chips, cheese, sour cream or as desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!