Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Slow Cooker Taco Soup is a family favorite dinner that has just a few ingredients and can be made in minutes. My secret ingredients makes it the best taco soup out there for flavor and richness!
I know I’ve already shared a soup recipe with you this week but I was too excited about this one to hold on to it any longer. I do love my soups this time of year. For one thing they are the perfect warm you to your soul food on chilly fall or endlessly cold winter days. For another they are a filling and delicious way to eat a healthy dinner and then hopefully still have a healthy lunch left for the next day. This slow cooker taco soup is no exception. It is super easy to make, full of healthy ingredients and very filling.
What makes this Slow Cooker Taco Soup different:
I know there are a million different taco soups out there and this is no reinvention of the wheel but there are a couple little tweaks that I think make this one stand out a bit in my list of favorites.
- Instead of simply adding regular beans I used a can of refried beans which creates a nice thick base for the soup and makes it so hearty and filling.
- It also uses my homemade seasoning blends instead of packaged which to me just makes a world of difference. Such a fresh taste!
Video: How to make Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Tips to make this even easier:
- Cook up your hamburger ahead of time and that will make your morning prep a cinch! Or, if you have a multi-cooker, you can simply make everything in one pot.
I love the versatility of taco soup, and here are just a few of my favorite ways to serve it up:
- Topped with shredded cheese and sour cream
- With a squeeze of lime juice for freshness
- With plenty of crushed tortilla chips for a snack
- Over a baked potato
In fact, I think you’ll agree that a double batch is in order, just so you can have plenty of leftovers.
Get the recipe for the homemade seasonings by clicking here!
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground beef, 93% lean
- 1 15oz can fat free refried beans
- 2 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 - 2 cups beef broth (depending on how thick you prefer it)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons homemade ranch seasoning
- In a skillet over medium high heat brown ground beef until fully cooked and drain any excess grease
- Add to slow cooker along with remaining ingredients
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Stir until well combined
- Serve with crushed chips, cheese, sour cream or as desired
I wish you would include how much is in a serving. Is it 1 cup? It’s hard to control portion sizes when you don’t know how much a serving is.
This is my favorite of yours that I’ve tried so far! I make it at least once a week in my multi-cooker, on the pressure setting, so it only takes about an hour (that includes browning the meat), and I have it with baked tortilla chips and fat free greek yogurt to lighten it up a little more. Instead of diced chilis, try canned diced jalapenos – gives it a bit more punch!