A flavorful seasoning blend makes these Slow Cooker Chicken Meatballs with Cream Sauce a quick and delicious weeknight meal idea!
With summer winding down, kids heading back to school and cooler days just around the corner I think it’s time we chat again about delicious dinners that are simple to make and totally family approved! You already know how much I love to talk about using your slow cooker to make meals at home. It’s such a time saver and so much better than grabbing take-out. And coming up with recipes that are both easy and delicious is one of my favorite things to do, because I love showing people that using your slow cooker can help you reduce stress and improve your time spent around the dinner table. If you’re on the lookout for a new recipe that is easy to make and totally satisfying, then these Slow Cooker Chicken Meatballs with Cream Sauce are for you. I also want to tell you about another one of my favorite time savers that will help you get dinner on the table, spice blends. Finding just the right blend to have on hand that you can use for various recipes will keep you from having to head out for last minute grocery runs for ingredients and will simplify the cooking process. Many of you have most likely seen or even used OLD BAY seasoning. Maybe to create a delicious shrimp boil or to create a creamy chowder? But did you know that OLD BAY also enhances the flavors of so many other favorite recipes? That’s why today we are going to “Season Boldly” and use some of this delicious seasoning along with my favorite meatball recipe! I’ve tested and retested so many meatball recipes, and I can assure you this is one that will truly stand the test. Now, if having perfectly formed round meatballs is what you need, this may be tricky, but these will have the most flavor and be some of the juiciest and most tender meatballs you will ever make. When slow cooking meatballs you have a couple of choices. Either brown them first or just toss them right in the slow cooker. When you brown them they tend to hold up a little better, but other than that it’s not really a required step. The part that matters most is the taste, and by using this blend of 18 herbs and spices perfectly blended for unique flavor, you will not be disappointed. In fact, we are going to double up and use a little more of the seasoning to make the amazing cream sauce to go with these meatballs. Quick and easy and totally worth a couple minutes of your time. Serve it all up with some creamy mashed potatoes or your favorite noodles and you have a crave worthy dinner that was insanely simple to make!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry preserves
- 16 oz Reames Frozen Egg Noodles
- Add ground meat to large bowl
- Mix together panko and half and half and let soak for 5 minutes
- Add soaked breadcrumbs, egg, and seasonings to ground mix and use hand to mix until just combined
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil in skillet or multi-cooker
- Form meat mixture into ping pong sized balls and place in single layer in skillet
- Brown on each side for about 2 minutes then transfer to slow cooker
- Add broth, cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or high for about 3
- Heat remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in skillet
- Whisk in flour until smooth
- Slowly pour in broth from the slow cooker and continue to whisk
- Add in preserves and sour cream and bring to a simmer while continuing to whisk until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes
- Cook noodles according to package directions
- Serve meatballs with noodles and sauce and garnished with parsley if desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!