Is there any one thing you love about the upcoming holiday season that you secretly think about but may or may not really care to admit? Let’s come clean. I’ll go first. Eating “meals” that actually just consist of all my favorite types of snacks!! Who else feels this way? I mean, I try to be good, I try to be healthy. But let’s face it. Snacks kind of rule. And what’s life if you don’t have a donut for breakfast or eat popcorn for dinner every once in a while… am I right? So let’s do this!! Starting off with this cheesy, spicy, oh-so-incredible dip. Can I count you in?
It’s not hard at all and I can pretty much guarantee that it will be slurped up by use of scoopable chips long before the party ends. So I guess what I’m saying is, eat some before anybody else gets to it!
This is the perfect kind of recipe for those little 1 1/2 to 2 quart slow cookers that are so cute and so inexpensive. I found one that has a keep warm setting which is great for leaving this out during a
meal I mean party so that everyone can keep coming back for more.
How many appetizer meals will you be making this season?
- 12 oz ground pork sausage
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde
- tortilla chips for dipping
- Crumble and brown sausage in skillet over medium high heat until fully cooked through
- Drain any grease and transfer sausage to slow cooker
- Shred pepper jack cheese using a box grater or food processor and then toss cheese with flour
- Add to slow cooker along with butter, milk and salsa
- Cover and heat on high for 1-2 hours or low for 2-3 hours until cheese is fully melted, be sure to stir every 30 minutes or so to ensure proper melting
- Serve with chips or as desired
For best results, shred cheese from a block rather than using pre shredded cheese. It will melt so much better!
I heated this on high in my 2 quart slow cooker for 1 1/2 hours then kept on warm for a couple more hours