Without plenty of dips to eat... it's just not December for me! I'm pretty sure I could survive on appetizers and snack foods alone all month and be totally content. And with all of the get-togethers, holiday parties and family events, the opportunities are plenty to make your favorites to share. And so I felt, I really must finally come up with a tasty spinach dip recipe that was super easy and perfect for not only the season, but the slow cooker!
And while I'm a huge fan of frozen spinach for things like smoothies, what I really wanted to try out here was some fresh spinach. I mean, at least I could feel healthy while chowing down on dips, right?
My slow cooker of choice right now for making dips is my little mini casserole slow cooker. It holds up to 2.5 quarts and cooks evenly. And more importantly, it's got a wide open top... big enough for several people to go in with chips all at once!
With some whipped cream cheese, sour cream, canned artichoke hearts and a little cheese (plus a little red pepper for good measure) this can all basically be thrown in for a few hours to heat and that's it! A very simple to make dip that will have everyone digging in!
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 15 oz can quartered artichoke hearts
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Wash, dry and chop fresh baby spinach
- Drain and chop artichoke hearts
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker
- Cover and heat on high for 1 ½ - 2 hours or until hot and cheese is melted
- Stir well and let sit with cover off for about 15 minutes before serving
Looking for more of my favorite dip recipes?