Whether you need a game day recipe or a pot luck treat, this Cheesy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip will always be a hit! Serve with chips or veggies and watch this buffalo chicken dip in the slow cooker disappear!
Game Day Cheesy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Do you watch the big game for the football or the halftime show or the commercials? While I love college football, I must admit when it comes to the pro stuff, I’m really more about the food. So, I will focus my efforts on where they will benefit everyone the most, and create tasty recipes to share with my family and friends! Whether you are having low key game watching party or partying with a crowd, this Cheesy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is sure to be a hit.
In this house, we love our Kansas State Wildcat Football and have held season tickets longer than I care to admit being out of school. But let’s just say it’s long enough to make game day food kind of my thing. And as much as I love to go to games, I’m not going to lie that it can be so much easier to watch on TV and have a whole row of slow cookers going on the counter with all the game day recipes! Especially when I can have buffalo chicken dip in my Crock-Pot with the cute purple polka dots!
If you are like me and love anything buffalo sauce flavor then I think this is the dip for you! It’s easy and it’s tasty! No need to plan out when to have it ready or how to keep it hot like a lot of the oven baked recipes, just throw it in the slow cooker and done!
I might also mention it’s pretty good cold and/or reaheated. I may have eaten the leftovers for lunch for a couple days after. Or maybe it was breakfast. Whatever.
What to serve with Cheesy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- celery sticks
- carrot sticks
- unsalted tortilla chips
- extra blue cheese or ranch dressing
Whether you need a game day recipe or a pot luck treat, this Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip will always be a hit! Serve with chips or veggies and watch this buffalo chicken dip in the slow cooker disappear!
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tablespoon homemade ranch seasoning blend
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Unsalted tortilla chips for serving
- Place chicken, broth, sauce and ranch seasoning in crock
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-7 until chicken is fully cooked
- Using two forks shred the chicken and return to crock
- Add softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar
- Cover again and let continue to heat until cheese is fully melted (about 30 minutes)
- Stir until smooth and serve with chips or as desired
I made this in my 2 quart slow cooker on low for 5 hours and then for another 30 minutes to melt cheeses
Nutrition calculated without addition of chips
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!