Any big Super Bowl Party plans in the works? I usually like to make a pot of chili and a few appetizers we can munch on throughout the evening. Ummm, yes. All in the crockpot. Is there any other way? I tried out this recipe the other day thinking it would turn out spicy but it wasn’t spicy at all. In a good way. It was sweet and crispy and even my spice loving kid gobbled it down during the official(?) taste testing trials.
For this kind of a dip you need to have those scoopable type of tortilla chips. That way you can get a nice old helping of corn and cream cheese and jalapenos. MMmmmm. I don’t know about you but I could just make a meal out of all different kinds of dips and chips. Maybe throw a few meatballs on my plate and I’m all set! I’m now daydreaming about all the possibilities 🙂
If you want to make this in the little dipper type crock you will need to cut the recipe in half. I recommend you find a slightly larger crockpot and double the recipe instead 😉 You want to make sure everyone gets a chance to try some. I got a few bites before my teenager wandered off with the bowl. The next time I saw it….. licked clean! I’m pretty sure the little one did her part as well!
- 16 oz bag frozen sweet corn
- 1 diced jalapeno seeds and ribs removed (or leave them in if you want to give it a little heat)
- 8 oz chive and onion flavored cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place all ingredients in crock
- Cook on low until melted, 2-3 hours