This easy Slow Cooker Corn Dip makes the perfect appetizer or side dish for any occasion! Creamy and flavorful with a hint of jalapeño, this dip magically disappears every time I make it!
Is there anything better than making dip in the slow cooker? This recipe is so easy that it only takes a few minutes and six ingredients to make.
The ingredients are easy in order to make this quick and simple.
- frozen sweet corn – you can keep it on hand and not have to worry about cutting corn off of the cob and is more consistent in flavor
- fresh jalapeño – if you’d rather have this be super spicy, you could used jarred jalapeño, but I find the fresh jalapeño has better flavor and is less spicy which is more crowd pleasing
- chive and onion cream cheese – this has the best flavor but can be hard to find. You can also sub out for regular cream cheese. Whipped cream cheese melts the easiest.
- parmesan cheese
- Monterrey Jack cheese
- garlic powder
How to Prepare Corn Dip in the Slow Cooker
As you can tell, I generally just throw everything in the slow cooker and turn it on.
Once it starts to heat a little I give it a little stir. Then I stir occasionally as it continues to cook.
If you won’t be able to keep an eye on it I’d suggest keeping it on low as the edges can burn quickly.
If you need it to be ready quickly, you can microwave the cream cheese a bit before adding it, just enough to soften.
Which Slow Cooker to Use?
If you make the recipe as written (which will serve 4-6 people) you’ll need a 2-3 quart slow cooker. I love using my mini-casserole slow cooker when making dips.
If you double the recipe you’ll need at least a 4 quart slow cooker.
Can this Dip be Prepped Ahead?
Yes! Feel free to add all ingredients to a bowl or container and store tightly covered until ready to warm.
Alternately, you can cook it, then store in fridge until ready to serve. Warm in microwave or return to slow cooker to heat.
How to Store Leftovers?
Store tightly covered in fridge for up to 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing leftovers of this recipe.
Want to Have a Dip Party?!
Here are a few of my favorite slow cooker dip recipes:
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Cheese Dip
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper Dip
Slow Cooker Sweet Corn and Jalapeno Dip
- 16 oz bag frozen sweet corn
- 1 diced jalapeno (seeds and ribs removed (or leave them in if you want to give it a little heat))
- 8 oz chive and onion flavored cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker
- Cook on low until melted, 2-3 hours
- if you can't find chive and onion cream cheese, you can sub plain
- you will need a 2-3 quart slow cooker
- leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!