Whatcha got going this weekend? We’ve got Shawn’s birthday which will be celebrated with these amazing cupcakes per his request. I’m planning to test out a couple of new recipes as well which I’m pretty excited about and hope to be sharing with you soon. Oh, and we have our neighborhood block party so I guess need to decide on a appetizer or dessert to take along to share. Any suggestions? If you are in search of an appetizer to share or keep to yourself this weekend I highly recommend this Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken Dip! Simple to make and even simpler to eat it all up with a bag of tortilla chips. It’s SO good!
And honestly I love this dip hot or cold. I’ve been grazing on the leftovers out of the fridge all week. So it works for an at home football watching party plugged in and warmed in the crock or you could take it along to a tailgate and use it as a cold dip!
I bought some cantina thin style chips but that was probably a mistake. This dip is thick and hearty and you will need some thicker chips to go with it. They can stand up to all the flavor much better!
- 1 pound thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon hotsauce (optional - more or less depending on preferred spice level)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used white cheddar)
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Whisk broth, Sriracha, honey and optional hot sauce
- Pour over chicken
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6
- Shred fully cooked chicken
- Add softened cream cheese and cheese
- Stir until smooth
- Return cover and let heat on high for an additional 20-30 minutes
- Serve with tortilla chips or veggies
I cooked the chicken on high for 2.5 hours in my 2 quart slow cooker (with another 20 minutes on high after cream cheese and cheese were added)
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!