Need a weeknight meal idea? What about an appetizer for your next get-together? Either way, do yourself a favor and try these Slow Cooker Blueberry BBQ Meatballs! Use the help of your slow cooker and with a little bit of prep work these easy and delicious slow cooker meatballs will be ready in no time at all! I realize it might sound crazy, but I promise you it’s amazing. I actually started out with this concept as a burger and they were mighty good. But to make it even easier I started thinking how to slow cook them and what better way then to roll them into little balls?! Turned out pretty good if I say so myself! And I learned a new little trick along the way for making slow cooker meatballs that I think I’m gonna stick with for awhile.
First let’s talk about the sauce. As easy and simple as you like, use your favorite bottled sauce whisked together with blueberry preserves or make your own favorite BBQ sauce from scratch. That’s about all there is to it.
As much as I’d love to make fresh breadcrumbs I needed to find a realistic short-cut. That’s when I started reading about panko breadcrumbs. Soaked in milk. Perfect! Don’t forget to stuff ’em full of goat cheese and you will have yet another simple but delicious family favorite dinner or perfect appetizer for your next party! Be warned, whatever the occasion these slow cooker meatballs with be gone quick!
Can you put raw meatballs in a slow cooker?
Absolutely! Just follow these tips to make the best meatballs ever!
- Be careful to not over-work the mixture, use your hands and mix until just combined.
- An ice cream scoop is handy in measuring out these meatballs, aim for a size a little bit larger than golfballs. Using an ice cream scoop will ensure the size of your meatballs are the same and help with even cooking.
- Place the meatballs under the broiler for 5-8 minutes or until they are browned on top. This makes for a delicious texture! Now, just throw them into your slow cooker!
Everyone is sure to enjoy these Slow Cooker Meatballs! Try these other recipes for your next party or get together!
- Slow Cooker Pub Fries
- Cheesy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Roasted Corn and Poblano Dip with Bacon
Need a weeknight meal idea? What about an appetizer for your next get-together? Either way, do yourself a favor and try these Slow Cooker Blueberry BBQ Meatballs! Use the help of your slow cooker and with a little bit of prep work these easy and delicious slow cooker meatballs will be ready in no time at all!
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning
- 1 cup BBQ sauce homemade or bottled
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- Add milk to panko bread crumbs in small bowl and let soak for 5 minutes or until softened
- Add to pork and beef along with egg, cheese, shallots and BBQ seasoning
- Mix using hands until well combined but be careful not to overwork mixture
- Using hands or ice cream scooper measure out 12 servings and roll gently into balls (a little larger than golfballs)
- Place on foil lined baking sheet and place in oven
- Turn on broiler and broil for 5-8 minutes watching closely until browned on top
- Transfer to slow cooker
- Whisk together BBQ sauce and blueberry preserves
- Pour half of mixture over meatballs
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours for low for 4-6 until meatballs are fully cooked through
- Remove from slow cooker and toss with remaining sauce (discard any cooking liquid from crock)