Is there anything better than slow cooker spinach dip? Why, yes there is. Spinach dip with bacon!! Perfectly served up with crusty bread or with tortilla chips this dip can be the hit of your next party. Make it for a crowd or make it for a smaller gathering where heavy appetizers are the meal. Either way plan on it all being gone in minutes!
The smokiness of the bacon is the perfect offset to the creamy cheese. A little sharp cheddar gives it an extra special zing!
Sizzle up some bacon, shallot and garlic in the skillet. Then add them to the slow cooker with fresh spinach and cheeses. Let it all melt together for a smoky, cheesy and delicious treat!
Also a few water chestnuts gives it a nice texture. Round it all out with some cream cheese and greek yogurt to add the smooth creaminess.
Sit back and watch it all disappear in no time!!
Slow Cooker Spinach Bacon Dip
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 2 shallots diced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese shredded
- ½ cup chopped water chestnuts from a can
- In a small skillet over medium high heat add diced bacon
- Saute until it starts to get brown and crispy
- Add shallots and garlic and continue to saute (using the bacon drippings) until brown and crispy, about another 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat and add to slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker
- Cover and heat on low for 1-2 hours stirring a couple times as it starts to melt
- Keep on warm or low and serve with warm crusty bread or tortilla chips, as desired