Is there anything better than slow cooker spinach dip? Why, yes there is. Spinach dip with bacon!! Perfectly served up with crusty bread or with tortilla chips this dip can be the hit of your next party. Make it for a crowd or make it for a smaller gathering where heavy appetizers are the meal. Either way plan on it all being gone in minutes!
The smokiness of the bacon is the perfect offset to the creamy cheese. A little sharp cheddar gives it an extra special zing!
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 2 shallots diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts from a can
- In a small skillet over medium high heat add diced bacon
- Saute until it starts to get brown and crispy
- Add shallots and garlic and continue to saute (using the bacon drippings) until brown and crispy, about another 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat and add to slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker
- Cover and heat on low for 1-2 hours stirring a couple times as it starts to melt
- Keep on warm or low and serve with warm crusty bread or tortilla chips, as desired
I cooked this on low for 2 hours in my 1.5 quart slow cooker
To easily chop fresh spinach grab several leaves and roll them up tight like you would a tortilla then slice with a sharp knife
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!