Have you hit chili overload yet? Not me! I may be super tired of the sub-zero temps and the bone-chilling wind but I continue to try to see the positive… and that’s eating more chili! I can really never get enough because there are just so many ways to make it. And every time I post a new one I tell you guys it’s my new favorite. I should probably stop saying that. Except not yet. Because this one is my new favorite.
Oh! And how did I forget to mention this part?! The secret trick that makes the chicken so super rich and flavorful tasting? We are going to brown it up in just a little butter before throwing it in the crock. Amazing and worth the effort. Totally promise. Still freezing where you are? Go warm up with this chili. Quick!!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used tenders)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small sweet onion diced
- 2 jalapenos diced (ribs and seeds removed)
- 1 poblano pepper diced (ribs and seeds removed)
- 29 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup roasted tomato salsa
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons regular chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- fresh cilantro shredded cheese, sour cream for garnish
Heat butter in skillet over medium high heat
Add chicken and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes until lightly browed
Add to slow cooker with remaining ingredients and stir
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours
Serve garnished with fresh cilantro, cheese and sour cream or as desired
I cooked this from start to finish in my 4 quart multicooker
Note that in a pinch you can cook this on high for 3-4 hours
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!