I am back at it with my favorite veggie, the brussels sprout!! Now this may not be quite as low-cal as say this recipe but it you have any doubters in your family this will be the way to have them eating these little green veggies in no time! This was one of those rare times in my house where the veggies went faster than the main dish! What more can you ask for?
I actually found this when I was looking at recipes that were compliant with The Wheat Belly Diet and once I saw it I knew I had to try to convert it to a slow cooker recipe!
Needless to say it worked out perfectly and couldn’t have been easier to prepare. I had two slow cookers going and the whole meal was done. Love those kind of days!
I’m already planning away for all the different veggies that are going to make an appearance at our house by using this basic recipe. Who doesn’t want creamy, flavorful and easy to make veggies at every meal when they taste like this?!
Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray to help with clean up
- Wash brussels sprouts, trim ends, and cut in half lengthwise
- Add to slow cooker and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning and pour cream over top
- Toss to coat
- Cut cold butter into small pieces
- Add to bowl with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, almond meal, and salt and pepper
- Using a fork or pastry cutter cut it together until crumbly
- Add to top of brussels sprouts mixture in slow cooker
- Top with remaining cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 until brussels sprouts are fork tender