Do you ever look at the ingredients sitting before you and wonder if you could make something new and inspired instead of the usual family favorite? I mean, isn't it fun sometimes to pretend you're on an episode of Chopped and that you only have like 30 minutes to turn your basket of food into a meal worthy of judgement (and if your family is like mine you might have some of the pickiest judges of all!)? It's not just me, right? Well, either way here is your chance!! The folks at Sargento® have teamed up with Food Network to offer you all the chance to create a chopped inspired recipe and perhaps even win $10,000 in the process! So of course when they asked me to create a recipe for you all to get the creative juices flowing I had to jump at the chance!
What can you make using chicken, greek yogurt, red peppers and Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian? A lot of things but the obvious answer that came to me was to stuff all that yumminess inside the pepper and let it simmer away all day in my slow cooker! Easy, simple and delicious!
I adore a red pepper so really...what could be better than stuffing them with cheese? It's like a little handheld meal all ready to go!
I sauteed up the chicken with a little seasoning and then added some mushrooms for good measure. Mix it all up with some for real natural perfectly melty cheese and you have a dinner fit for even the pickiest of judges. Make sure you try your hand at creating a Chopped recipe yourself and be sure to let me know what you come up with!
Slow Cooker Stuffed Red Peppers
- 4 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup chopped portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1 cup Sargento Chef Blends 6 cheese Italian + additional for topping if desired
- Cut off tops of peppers and remove ribs and seeds
- Add ½ cup water to bottom of slow cooker
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat
- Season chicken with garlic powder and add to pan
- Saute (turning once) for 7-9 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through
- Add mushroom and saute for 2-3 more minutes until mushrooms soften
- Add broth and bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt until smooth
- Stir in cheese and divide mixture evenly among the 4 peppers
- Place in slow cooker and top with a pinch of extra cheese if desired
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 until fully heated through and peppers are to desired tenderness
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.