And today? A super easy, totally family approved recipe that you will want to run out and make right away! Because if all you need to do is open a couple of cans and sprinkle on a couple of seasonings then that's totally doable even on your busiest days, right?! Top it all of with the simplest, freshest homemade salsa and you've got yet another go-to dinner that will have you serving up another home cooked meal!
Fresh homemade taco seasoning along with diced tomatoes and tomato sauce is all it takes to make a delicious tender beef that will fall apart when you shred it.
Frozen sweet corn makes simple work of the salsa and the the fresh taste can't be beat when you toss it all up with tomatoes, avocado and onion. Don't forget lots of lime juice and cilantro!
Enjoy the fresh taste the whole family will love with very little effort. Just don't forget to drizzle with sour cream 🙂
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
Avocado Corn Salsa:
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels thawed
- ½ cup diced grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium avocado pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place roast in slow cooker
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Sprinkle with seasoning
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred with forks
- Add juice from crock to beef as desired (I added about 2 ladles)
- Discard remaining juice
- Gently toss together salsa ingredients in small bowl
- Serve beef on corn or flour shells topped with salsa and sour cream or as desired