What a week! It’s all been a blur. I ended up getting a rotten cold and it took all I had just to keep everybody fed, dressed and to school on time. What is it about a silly little cold that can just bring you to your knees? Too bad I hadn’t known it was coming. I could have made another one of these breakfast casseroles and had it all cut up in the fridge so that I wouldn’t have to deal with making breakfast. But I think I’ve finally emerged from the other side and can finally sit down at my laptop and share this with you.
I’ve made this a couple of times and the second time I think I got it just right with the amount of cheese and seasonings needed. It’s so easy to make and just took around 3 hours in my slow cooker.
You can add the quinoa in here uncooked and it will sink to the bottom and end up forming sort of a bottom crust. It’s all done cooking when the eggs are set and the edges are starting to brown a little.
This recipe was featured on Slow Cooker From Scratch!
Slow Cooker Quinoa Breakfast Casserole with Tomato and SpinachPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup quinoa (rinsed well and uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen cut leaf spinach (or use a handful of fresh!)
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (colby, monterey jack, cheddar, etc.)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a mixing bowl whisk 6 eggs until beaten. Add quinoa, milk, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- Gently mix in spinach, tomatoes and 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Spray crock well with nonstick spray
- Add egg and quinoa mixture to crock
- Top with Parmesan cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours until eggs are set and edges are lightly browned
Need a slow cooker for this recipe?
Want more breakfast recipes for your slow cooker?
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!