What a week! It’s all been a blur. I ended up getting a rotten cold and it took all I had just to keep everybody fed, dressed and to school on time. What is it about a silly little cold that can just bring you to your knees? Too bad I hadn’t known it was coming. I could have made another one of these breakfast casseroles and had it all cut up in the fridge so that I wouldn’t have to deal with making breakfast. But I think I’ve finally emerged from the other side and can finally sit down at my laptop and share this with you.
I’ve made this a couple of times and the second time I think I got it just right with the amount of cheese and seasonings needed. It’s so easy to make and just took around 3 hours in my slow cooker.
It’s like a super power breakfast… quinoa, eggs and spinach?!! You’ve got your day off to a perfect start! And it’s super filling. No mid-morning munchie attacks.
You can add the quinoa in here uncooked and it will sink to the bottom and end up forming sort of a bottom crust. It’s all done cooking when the eggs are set and the edges are starting to brown a little.
You could really customize this to what you like or have on hand. Kale, onions, peppers… lots of options. This is one we will make again and again.
This recipe was featured on Slow Cooker From Scratch!
Slow Cooker Quinoa Breakfast Casserole with Tomato and Spinach
- 1/2 cup quinoa (rinsed well and uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen cut leaf spinach (or use a handful of fresh!)
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (colby, monterey jack, cheddar, etc.)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a mixing bowl whisk 6 eggs until beaten. Add quinoa, milk, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- Gently mix in spinach, tomatoes and 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Spray crock well with nonstick spray
- Add egg and quinoa mixture to crock
- Top with Parmesan cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours until eggs are set and edges are lightly browned
Need a slow cooker for this recipe?
Want more breakfast recipes for your slow cooker?
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!