Is this the winter that will never end?! It seems like spring was finally here to stay the last couple of weeks. We’ve had the chance to go for some walks, play outside with bubbles and sidewalk chalk, and visit with neighbors who have also emerged from hibernation. I even ordered a cute water table for my daughter. It arrived just in time for the temperatures to drop and the rain to start falling and it’s not looking to improve by the looks of the long range forecast. Since it’s not looking like grilling weather any time soon I decided to see what I could create in the slow cooker.
This corn on the cob was just as good as something I would make on the grill. And the best part was that I didn’t have to watch it like a hawk so it didn’t burn. Four hours on low and it was perfectly cooked and then I left it on the keep warm setting until we were ready to eat.
I used a 3.5 quart oval crockpot and it fit 4 ears of corn perfectly. I should have used my 6 quart and made more. My son went looking for more but it was gone.
Whip up a super simple Chili Lime Butter and then rub it all over each piece. Wrap it up in foil and stack them in the crock and let them go.
Just the right amount of spice and just the right amount of butter. This will rival any grilled corn and is the perfect side to beat your summer food cravings!
Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob with Chili Lime Butter
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob shucked and cleaned
- 4 tablespoons butter softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro optional, for garnish
- Tear 4 pieces of aluminum foil sized to wrap each ear of corn
- Place each piece of corn on a piece of foil
- Mix butter, lime juice, and spices in small bowl
- Divide evenly between and spread over each piece of corn
- Wrap in foil and twist the end tightly to keep the butter from leaking out
- Place in crock and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours or until corn is cooked to your liking
- Remove foil and serve with chopped cilantro if desired