Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken is a simple dinner that can be started in the slow cooker first thing and you can come home to a delicious dinner! Lemon Chicken is just the ticket for a tasty meal that won’t leave you feeling guilty for overindulging!
I decided I didn’t want to be tempted by having too many snacks around and my resolve actually lasted a few days including through my last shopping trip. Now I’m sitting here eating stale tortilla chips and thinking I may have gone a bit overboard in my attempt at super healthy eating. There has to be some balance right? And since we had this healthy Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken for dinner I’m totally entitled to a handful of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups as long as they are mini ones. Am I right?
Why Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken is the best!
- Easy, healthy, and can even be fairly quick on a day where you remember at lunch time that you wanted to throw something in the slow cooker (provided you can run home of course!). This took 3 hours on high in my 3.5 quart crockpot.
- So much better for you than takeout
- Amazingly flavorful and delicious
About making Lemon Chicken
I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts since that’s what I had on hand. Or at least what I had left after I had to throw away about half of what was in my freezer when it decided it would rather be unemployed. You could use bone-in and remove the bones or even boneless skinless chicken thighs would be good.
Mix up a super simple sauce with stuff you may even have on hand. You could mix up the sauce the night before and just throw it in the crock in the morning with the chicken and be out the door in no time.
The only work to finish it up is to shred up the chicken! So easy! I made some rice in the rice cooker and it was one of our favorite kind of meals-in-a-bowl.
What to serve with Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
- steamed white rice
- sautéed veggies like zucchini
- a glass of white wine
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
- Place chicken in crock
- Mix together remaining ingredients in measuring cup or bowl
- Pour over top of chicken
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until chicken is fully cooked
- Shred chicken with forks and return to crock and toss with sauce to fully coat
- Serve over rice or as desired
Hungry for more take-out at home recipes:
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!