Anybody here NOT ever had lettuce wraps? It started out as a real treat from PF Chang’s and now it seems like everybody has them on the menu. I’m pretty sure I’ve never tried them anywhere else except for trying to make them at home. I’ve done several versions that were pretty much okay, but now I feel like I finally have a winner! Instead of trying to make a copycat version I’ve gone for more of a personalized version. And yum! These really work!
Sometimes I like to make these my main meal. And sometimes I like to eat just as many as when I make them my meal and then take down a entire plate of Crispy Honey Chicken when I’m done! (By the way, don’t forget you can make Honey Crispy Chicken in the Crock too!)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces can water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons blackberry jam seedless
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Using a nice sharp knife cut the chicken into tiny pieces
- Drain and finely dice water chestnuts
Place chicken and water chestnuts in crock
- In a small bowl whisk together sauce ingredients
- Pour over chicken mixture
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
I cooked this in my 3.5 quart slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
Adapted from Just A Taste
Need more Asian inspired dishes?
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!