The ultimate creamy comfort food. And finally something even my picky daughter will eat! We are keeping this on the list all winter since it was pretty much a favorite with the whole family. I was a little bummed that there were no leftovers because I was actually looking forward to another bowl for lunch the next day! But I can never be too sad about a meal that makes everyone happy.
If you thought this sounded good just from the name, then wait until you hear how easy the prep is. NOTHING to chop. Seriously. Truly a simple wholesome meal. Use frozen carrots and mushrooms to make it easy without compromising on nutrition. Just toss the chicken in as whole pieces and it will be so tender you can just break it apart with a fork before you serve it.
Add your cream and rice about an hour to an hour and a half before dinner time. The perfect time to take a walk, clean up some dishes, help kids with homework or whatever you need to do without stress. Well, maybe stress from homework but at least no stress from cooking!!
Serve this up with some crusty bread or your favorite biscuits and enjoy this delicious dinner this week!!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 oz package frozen sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen crinkle cut carrots (heaping cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream for later
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice blend for later
- Place all ingredients except for cream and rice in slow cooker and stir to combine seasonings
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until chicken is fully cooked through
- Using a spatula or forks gently break the chicken apart into bite sized chunks
- Stir in cream and rice
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until rice is tender
I cooked this on low for 7 hours in my 4 quart slow cooker and then for another 1 hour and 15 minutes on high to cook the rice
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!