This has got to be one of my favorite new recipe finds in a long while! The ingredient list looks a tad long, I know, but really it’s so easy to make and you don’t even have to brown up the ground pork. You just cook it right in the crock with all the sauce ingredients and spices and it comes out perfectly! If you are going to be out and about all day and want to come home to a nice, healthy, delicious meal then Slow Cooker Spicy Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps are just for you!
Asian inspired foods are always a big hit at our house and this was no exception. We often will pick up Chinese takeout or make a trip to our favorite Thai food restaurant when we don’t have anything else planned for dinner. The only problem is that while the food is amazing and delicious, I usually end up feeling over-stuffed by the end of the meal pledging to diet for the next 10 days. Except that we have 4 boxes of leftovers in the fridge calling my name. I hate to waste. Then the diet pledge starts all over again.
This recipe is going to be close at hand for me from now on. I totally got my fix of Asian inspired flavors and I didn’t wreck my healthy eating plan! This was kind of spicy so my toddler wasn’t a fan but the rest of us really enjoyed the spice and the heat. After a couple of lettuce wraps each we ended up grabbing forks and digging into the filling…before we knew it the bowl was licked clean!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 5 oz can water chestnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Place ground pork in crock and use spatula or wooden spoon to crumble it up
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup mix together remaining ingredients
- Pour over meat in crock
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until pork is fully cooked and no longer pink
- Give it all a stir to break it up and combine
- Serve on lettuce leaves