Sometimes a little simple and spicy chicken is all you need to brighten your day! With only 4 ingredients going into the slow cooker you can have this one cooking away with barely any effort. Sauté up a few of your favorite veggies, serve it all up with a little steamed rice and finally drizzle it all with a bit of sauce and a wholesome and delicious dinner is done.
I chose to make bowl style meals out of this chicken but you really have so many options. I think making a double batch makes a whole lot of sense and you can easily use the leftovers in quesadillas, egg rolls, or any number of other quick-fix meals.
I think meals like this work for my family so well because with all the different components someone is sure to find what they like. The guys like the spicy chicken, I eat more than my fair share of the veggies, and the little princess prefers the rice with just mushrooms.
This is also only as spicy as you want it be. Want it to make steam come out of your ears? Keep adding that Sriracha!
Slow Cooker Spicy Asian Chicken Bowls
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup Sriracha (more or less depending on spice level desired)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups uncooked brown basmati rice (or other favorite rice)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 small zucchini squashes sliced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- Sweet Chili Drizzle Sauce for drizzling optional
- Additional Sriracha for drizzling optional
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Whisk together orange juice, Sriracha and soy sauce
- Pour over chicken, cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove chicken, shred with forks and add as much of the cooking liquid as desired to keep it juicy but not swimming
- Discard any additional liquid
- Cook rice according to package directions or in rice cooker
- Heat canola oil in skillet over medium high heat
- Add veggies and sauté for 5-8 minutes or until tender (salt and pepper if desired)
- Serve rice topped with chicken and veggies and drizzled with sauces