Don’t you just love it when you are the super smartest person who planned ahead and made homemade dinner so easy?! Remember? You made up a super big batch of the best Slow Cooker Refried Black Beans ever and now you can throw together a seemingly endless number of delicious dinners with barely any fuss! Ummm, like these shrimp tostadas? They look so great, right? And? SO. EASY. You are so welcome. Oh wait, and I guess you would want to know that these were indeed approved my official team of taste testers. Otherwise known as my husband and kids. That totally counts.
I like to make shrimp for a couple reasons. I mean, we all know it’s quick and easy. But the other thing? My kids go nuts over it. They act like I’ve done something so amazingly awesome for them whenever I make it and there is a small chance I milk that just a bit. Someday that will catch up to me when they figure out that it’s really not hard, but for now? I’ll just play the part of the awesome mom, thank you very much.
Maybe now I should mention how this is another of my crazy flavor combo recipes? I can’t get over the sweet, salty and spicy combos and it comes together perfectly and easily for this dinner! Sweet raspberry jam, spicy shrimp and garlicky black beans do the trick!
Get out there and impress! I won’t tell anyone how easy this is!
- 12 oz large peeled and deveined shrimp ((tail-off will make it easier too))
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
For Tostada Shells:
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper (seeded and diced (or more if you like spicier))
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup seedless no sugar added Black Raspberry Preserves
- 2 cups refried black beans
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat
- Add shrimp and sprinkle with chili powder and cilantro
- Saute for 2-4 minutes on each side until cooked through
- Heat about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of canola oil in skillet (should be hot enough to bubble and sizzle when tortillas are added)
- Add tortillas one at a time and let cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly browned
- Remove to paper towel to drain and sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- Toss all ingredients in bowl
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Spread 1 - 2 tablespoons black raspberry preserves on tostada shell
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of refried beans
- Top with 2-3 pieces of shrimp and a few spoonfuls of salsa
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!