So let’s see. Creating a delicious Mexican inspired Chicken Chili that slow cooks all day, then using that chili to drizzle all over some crispy corn tortillas, and finally topping it all off with massive amounts of cheese and sour cream? Yep, sounds like a pretty winning idea to me! The flavor combos here with the beans, juicy chicken, roasted tomatoes and sweet corn couldn’t be paired better with the crisp crunchy shells, gooey cheese and cool sour cream. I can’t even stop thinking about how much I loved this meal.
Lately I’ve been into the idea of taking my typical dinner recipes and kind of turning them sideways or upside down to create something new out of the flavors we love. I mean we’ve probably all had some version of chicken chili before and this just changes it up even more by giving it a taco seasoned twist.
This will totally work as a meal on it’s own in a bowl or you can ramp it up even more by creating these tostada stacks.
So how about it? Are you ready to give this chili on a plate (seriously?) meal a try?
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (15oz) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can light red kidney beans, draining and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can pinto beans, draining and rinsed
- 1½ tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 package (about 12) pre-made tostada shells (you will want about 3 shells per person)
- shredded cheeses (like cheddar, monterey jack, or colby)
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro for garnish, optional
- Add all chili ingredients to slow cooker and stir
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Shred chicken and stir to combine well
- Create a tortilla stack by placing first tortilla on place, covering with a ladle of chili, and repeating 2 more times or as desired
- Top it all off with ¼ - ½ cup shredded cheese, a drizzle of sour cream and a sprinkling of fresh cilantro if desired
I cooked this on high in my 4 quart mulit-cooker for 3 hours
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!