Remember the other day when I was
complaining discussing our lack of spring like weather and how the cold just kept dragging on but I was really craving some grilled food? Like Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob with Chili Lime Butter? While the corn was good enough to be the main show we also had this Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Chicken and Veggies. Delicious and completely capable of satisfying that summer food, fire up the grill craving.
The star of the show here was the BBQ sauce. I used Archer Farms Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce from Target. I was wandering down the aisle one day and saw it and decided I must have it. So glad I finally found a way to put it to use. Delicious! Kind of sweet, kind of tangy, and just a tad of kick/spice.
Just cut up around a pound of chicken breasts just like you would if you were going to grill up some kabobs. Add some bell peppers, onions, and pineapple chunks. Season everything up with a little salt and pepper and drizzle with some sauce. So simple!
I let this go on low for about 6 hours. Once it was done I drained off the extra liquid that had accumulated and mixed in a little more sauce. The result was juicy chicken with just the right amount of sweet/spicy kick.
- 1 pound chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- ½ red onion
- 2 bell peppers (I used red and yellow)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Archer Farms Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce + ¼ cup later
- Cut chicken and veggies into bite sized chunks about the same size you would use for kabobs and add to crock
- Drain can of pineapple well and add to crock
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with ½ cup sauce
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 until chicken is fully cooked
- Drain of juices that accumulate while cooking and then add another ¼ cup sauce
- Toss everything to combine and garnish with dried cilantro if desired
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!