When the weather starts to turn a little warmer, like it has here this last week, I start craving different kinds of foods. Instead of rich and creamy comfort foods and winter squashes, I start thinking about fresh and crisp veggies and lighter fare. Just don’t think that since spring and summer are coming you need to put away the slow cooker. I have lots of great lighter dishes you can make any time of the year – like this Slow Cooker Miso Vegetable Zoodle Soup.
A different take on a traditional vegetable soup, this one uses carrots and napa cabbage and onions and zucchini all in a rich and fresh miso broth flavored with garlic and ginger. Really the beauty is that you can use any veggies you have or love. And more or less of any of them to your taste!
I used my Spiralizer to make noodles out of a zucchini. I’m completely obsessed. But if you don’t have one you can also julienne or cut into match sticks. Like I said this recipe is totally flexible. But if you like veggies you should think about a spiralizer. So easy and fun!
Enjoy this simple, healthy and delicious soup any night of the week or even for lunch!
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1/2 head napa cabbage shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Large handful greens for later (like kale, spinach, etc. I used a blend)
- 1 zucchini for later - spiralized, julienned, or cut into matchsticks
- Add all ingredients except for greens and zucchini to crock
- Stir to combine and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Once vegetables are cooked to desired tenderness, add greens and zucchini
Let cook an additional 5-10 minutes and serve
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!