No need to have a screaming hot skillet, just use your slow cooker instead. These Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas will become a regular in your dinner time routine.
How about making up some delicious fajitas without having to fire up the grill, deal with blazing hot pans or even going out to dinner? I admit, I was skeptical this would work. But I keep seeing all the cute videos on Facebook of people making slow cooker fajitas and finally I was curious enough to give a try. Really, what’s there to lose? Certainly it would at least be edible, I thought. Well good news! It was more than edible! They turned out delicious and I will totally be making these again!
This is a great layered meal and I love this as a great way to use fresh veggies! Peppers cook up really well in the slow cooker and become tender without getting mushy.
Use some nice hearty baby bella mushrooms and crispy red onions! Yum!
And this sauce/marinade? Can’t you just tell how delicious it’s going to be by just looking at it?! Honey, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder….. seriously, it makes this dish.
Now that I know this whole fajita/slow cooker thing works, the only question is, what kind to try next!!!
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 bell peppers ((I used one red and one yellow))
- 1/2 large red onion
- 8 oz sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream, cheese for serving ((optional))
- Place skirt steak in bottom of slow cooker
- Remove ribs and seeds from peppers and slice then add to slow cooker on top of steak
- Peel onion and slice into petals and add to slow cooker
- Add pre-sliced mushrooms on top
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour over meat and veggies
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove and slice steak and remove veggies from slow cooker (you won't want all the sauce as they would be soggy)
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream, cheese or as desired
- I cooked these on high in my 4-quart slow cooker for 8 hours
Have you made on of my recipes? Be sure to snap a pic and post on Instagram! Tag it #slowcookergourmet so I will see it!!
Want more fresh inspired recipes?
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!