Merry Christmas and Happy Jalapeno Poppers! Oh, wait. Happy New Year! But since we mentioned Jalapeno Poppers don’t you agree they would be the perfect way to ring in the New Year? Do the little bit of work required for these earlier in the day and pop these in the oven right before party time. A simple, tasty and kinda spicy appetizer that doesn’t require a plate! Everyone will just keep walking by and grabbing one all night!
These delicious little poppers were the inspiration for my Jalapeno Popper Enchilada Pie. They are stuffed with a simple filling of cream cheese and apricot preserves and all wrapped up in crispy salty prosciutto. Just no way to go wrong with prosciutto!!
Perfect for a holiday party, a New Year’s party, a bowl game party or even a work pot luck. Hey you could even just make these and eat them for dinner!
- 1 pound jalapeno peppers (around 20)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 6 oz prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut stem ends off of each pepper and then cut in half lengthwise
- Use knife to scrape out and remove all ribs and seeds
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together cream cheese and apricot preserves (I used a power hand mixer)
- Place mixture in a zipper storage bag and seal
- Clip off corner and use like a pastry bag to squeeze the filling into each jalapeno half
- Stack up 6-8 slices of prosciutto and then cut them lengthwise into 3 or 4 strips
Wrap a thin slice of prosciutto around each jalapeno half (no need to be perfect, however you get it on will work)
- Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until prosciutto is crispy and peppers are soft
Recipe adapted from Bev Cooks
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!