Jalapeno Popper Enchilada Pie. Otherwise known as my favorite meal of all time. It’s like taking the best of your favorite party appetizer and turning it into dinner! And what else?! Oh yeah, It can be done in a jiffy. It takes just a few minutes to pull this together and layer up all the ingredients and then it just gets popped in the over for about 30 minutes until you have a hot bubbly delicious excuse to eat appetizers for dinner.
Layers of corn tortillas along with cream cheese, bacon, apricot and jalapenos create an amazing combo of flavors. The sweetness of the apricot preserves is perfect with the kick from the jalapenos and then it all gets balanced out perfectly with the salty bacon.
I am not one to eat a lot of super spicy food so I kept the fire level down to the minimum possible amount by removing all the ribs and seeds from the jalapenos. The cream cheese also really helps offset any flames. You can always use more or less jalapenos depending on your particular love/hate of all things spicy.
- 10 small corn tortillas (I used white corn)
- ¾ cup jarred green salsa
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 slices bacon
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 4 medium jalapenos
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 1.5 quart baking dish with non-stick spray
- Spread ¼ cup of the salsa evenly on the bottom
- Layer with 4 tortilla, tearing them to fit if necessary
- Cook bacon until crispy and let cool, then crumble
- Slice jalapeno lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds and dice finely
- Mix cream cheese with crumbled bacon, jalapenos and apricot preserves
- Spread ½ of the cream cheese mixture on bottom layer of tortillas
- Top with 2 tortillas and then with remaining cream cheese mixture
- Add remaining 4 tortillas to top and then spread with ½ cup salsa
- Sprinkle cheese on top and place in oven
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned on edges and cheese is melted
- Let cook for 5 minutes then slice and serve with sour cream or as desired
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!