Don’t forget to register for my thank you giveaway!! You could win a knife and cutting board set!
This chicken was MADE for the slow cooker. How is it I’ve never heard of it before? As soon I saw what was in it I knew I had to try it! I mean tomatoes, tomatillos, adobo sauce, garlic, onion? Can not go wrong with that combo. Leave this simmering away all day in the slow cooker for an amazing but simple dinner.
Serve it up however you like, really. Tacos, bowls. There are so many options. My personal favorite, though, is tostadas. This goes really well with the simple crunch of some crispy corn shells.
Serve it buffet style along with some rice and let everyone create their own dinner! Add more toppings like lettuce or tomato or even olives. A customized meal with very little work! Time to spice up your January!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken (I used a combo of breast and thighs)
- 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup tomatillo (green) salsa
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
- ¼ - ½ cup sliced onions (depending on preference)
- 2-3 cloved minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package Tostada shells
- 15oz can refried beans, optional
- Store bought guacamole (or homemade), optional
- Sour cream and cheese for topping, optional
- Place chicken, tomatoes, salsa, adobo sauce, onion, garlic and bay leaf in slow cooker
- Stir a bit to combine
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Remove bay leaf and use two forks to shred chicken and break up tomatoes
- Taste and add salt and pepper as desired
- Serve on tostada shells with desired toppings
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!