‘Twas the night before (the night before… ummm, the night before) Christmas. Or something like that. Anyway, Christmas Eve will be here soon and what better way to soothe the little ones and get them off to dreamland early than with a cup of warm milk. But let’s not just give them plain ‘ole milk. No way. You know that’s not how I do things. Let’s add cream, caramel syrup and maybe even some caramel drizzles on top so that even the grown-ups will be scrambling to partake. Now that’s how we’re gonna do Christmas Eve!!
This is what I served up to the kids the other night while us grownups had these and decorated the tree. I was pretty sure I had made four servings so that Shawn and I could have some too but when I went back to get some the crock was empty. Those kids took it all down!
This is just a super easy, super fun way to give the kids or adults a little special treat! You only need a few ingredients and can easily customize the flavors and garnishes. I personally think hazelnut would be another yummy option.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup salted caramel coffee syrup
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add ingredients to slow cooker and heat on low for 2-3 hours until hot and steamy
- Add all ingredients to a large glass or metal bowl
- Using hand held mixer beat at medium high speed until whipped cream forms stiff peaks
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium high heat
- Add sugar, cream and vanilla and whisk until smooth and dissolved
- Let come to a bubble and boil for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat, whisk in salt, then allow to cook
- Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!